Ceramic Dental Implants in Waltham
At The Flossery in Waltham, we are at the forefront of the latest technologies and advancements in functional dentistry.
Zirconium or ceramic implants are a great alternative to titanium implants. Some people may have an allergy to titanium which can cause systemic issues after the treatment is completed.
In a recent systematic review (2021), results showed that zirconium implants are better than titanium implants in esthetics, clinical benefits, and survival rates. We are one of the few offices that place zirconium or ceramic implants in the New England area.
What are the advantages of zirconium or ceramic implants?
- Zirconia is biocompatible with human tissues.
- Zirconia implants attract less bacteria. They are easier to keep clean and build up less plaque.
- Zirconia implants have high strength and fracture resistance.
- Zirconia implants hold up against wear and corrosion.
- Zirconia implants match a patient’s natural tooth color better than titanium implants. They are a great option for front teeth or to avoid the gray rim that is sometimes seen with a titanium implants.
- According to the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IOAMT) states that zirconium (ceramic) implants may be a better option for those with auto-immune or inflammatory conditions.
We want to help you in the best and most healthy way. What else do we offer to make sure your treatment is as effective and healthy as possible?
- Biocompatibility testing - If you suspect you may have an allergy to titanium or other dental materials, we offer biocompatibility testing. This test helps us determine which materials are safest for your body.
- Cone beam CT (CBCT) - Our 3D CBCT (cone beam CT) technology helps us plan your treatment by taking a close view of your bone health and any important areas that cannot be visible with traditional 2D radiographs
- Treatment preparedness counseling program - We take pride in helping you achieve your oral health goals. We know the importance of a full body approach to oral health to make sure we prevent problems and help you keep your smile for a long time. For example, did you know vitamin deficiencies can delay healing and can cause an implant to fall out? We offer vitamin testing and nutritional counseling to help prepare you for a successful treatment.
Implants are a great and long-lasting option for missing teeth. If you are ready to talk about how to get the smile of your dreams in the most healthy and functional way possible, please fill out our contact form or call us at 781-894-0500.