Do you want to stop snoring? Do you breathe through your mouth? Myofunctional therapy can help!
Did you know there is a proper place for your tongue to sit? Many patients have oral dysfunction that could cause poor swallowing, mouth breathing, and poor sleep.
Myofunctional therapy is a set of exercises like strength training for your lips and tongue. These exercises are designed to train your oral muscles for proper speaking, breathing, chewing and swallowing.
Myofunctional therapy might be right for you if:
- Your teeth shifted after braces
- You have a strong gag reflex
- You breathe through your mouth
- You snore
Myofunctional therapy might be right for your child if they:
- Have crowded baby teeth
- Sleep with their mouth open
- Have chronic congestion or mouth breathing
- Grind their teeth
- Have hyperactivity and trouble concentrating
- History of ear tubes and infections
Myofunctional therapy can help with:
- TMJ pain and headaches
- Neck pain and shoulder tension
- Bad breath
- Mouth breathing
- Stuffy nose
- Preventing tooth movement after orthodontics and braces
- Snoring (myofunctional therapy can reduce snoring by over 50%!)
Is myofunctional therapy right for you? We will do a comprehensive consultation and review our findings to see if you would be a good fit for this therapy!